Lobby and advocacy – for a sustainable and democratic environmental governance
Project goal: to build capacities of the active members of the civil society from the Republic of Moldova for participation in decision making processes related to the environmental public policies with impact at national level.
Objective 1: Knowledges development of human resources from non-governmantal organizations for collaboration with public authorities institutions and creation of pressure groups able to participate in the elaboration of legislative proposals with impact on environmental protection .
Objective 2: Creation and enhancing of dialogue platform between civil society members and public authorities, in order to develop their capacities to initiate partnerships and cooperate in the environmental public policy elaboration processes.
Objective 3: Awareness raising and information of the society about environmental problems the Republic of Moldova faces.
Project length: July 2019 – July 2020
Donor: US Embassy in Republic of Moldova
Project budget: 23 2800 $
- Activity 1: Organizing a series of 3 trainings in the field of elaboration and monitorig of public policies, lobby and advocacy for a total of 40 persons (by 20 persons/training) – activists, employees and volunteers of non governmental organizations, non formal groups. Training will be organized in the center, north and south of the country.
- Training No. 1: Soroca (20.11.2019) – 25 participations involved in socio-environmental activities of Soroca district: teachers, members of environmental NGOs, journalists and young students.
- Training No. 2: Chisinau (04.12.2019) – 15 participants from non-governmental organizations from Rezina, Ungheni, Singerei, Criuleni, Hincesti and Orhei districts.
- Training No. 3: Țareuca (11.12.2019) – 25 inhabitants of Ţareuca and Țahnăuți villages, mostly members and volunteers of the “Andromeda” association.
- Activity 2: Development of 1 good practices guidelines about lobby and advocacy techniques based on environmental protection specificity. As a result, a thematic guide was developed: “Lobby and advocacy – for sustainable and democratic environmental governance“.
- Activity 3: Organizing of 3 negotiation meetings with participation of the trained persons within the project and of public authorities from the environmental field but also form other relevant fields, in order to promote proposals and demarches related to hot environmental issues.
- Negotiation meeting no. 1: Suruceni (03.02.2020) – The topic of the negotiations was waste management in the village. The event was attended by the local administration and the inhabitants of Suruceni village, assisted by the Ecological Movement of Moldova together with experts from the Institute of Ecology and Geography.
- Negotiation meeting no. 2: Delacău (19.02.2020) – The topic of the negotiations focused on the risks related to the opening of a potential sand quarry near Delacău. The event was attended by the local administration, residents of Delacau, representatives of local public organisation, assisted by the Ecological Movement of Moldova together with experts from the Institute of Ecology and Geography.
- Negotiation meeting no. 3: Soroca (27.02.2020) – The topic of the negotiations was the situation of the wastewater treatment plant in Soroca, with emphasis on the existing opportunities and constraints. The event was attended by representatives of Soroca City Hall, District Council, Water-Canal Enterprise Soroca, Public Health Center, Environmental Protection Inspectorate, members of Eco-Sor, assisted by the Ecological Movement of Moldova together with experts from the Institute of Zoology.
- Activity 4: Public awareness campaign on policies at national levels, decisions at local and regional level, problems and sensitive issues related to the environment protection in the Republic of Moldova. The public campaign will include: 3 thematic print press editions, 2 press conferences, 5 articles in online press, 2 thematic radio programs, promotion of environment topics through social media and spreading of the information to the members of the non-governmental organization from the environmental protection field using the ForumList, and of a monthly informative newsletter about curent legislative initiatives.
Thematic prints in NATURA magazine:
- Thematic print press edition published in the NATURA magazine (October 2019)
- Thematic print press edition published in the NATURA magazine (March 2020)
- Thematic print press edition published in the NATURA magazine (April 2020)
- Ecopresa.md: Hunting in terms of environmental governance
- Ecopresa.md: What do environmentalists think about hunting in state-protected areas and changes to the decision on the hunting season
- Ecopresa.md: Environmental organizations, worried about the lack of environmental provisions in the Chicu Government program
- Ecopresa.md: List of the nine environmental actions included by the Chicu Government in the activity program for the next years
- Natura.md: Solutions for the waste problem
- Natura.md: Partnerships and dialogue on environmental issues
Weekly informative newsletters: