„Monitoring for a good environmental governance”
The project purpose:
The project “Monitoring for a good environement governance” focuses on the need to strengthen the capacity of civil society representatives on the monitoring of environmental policies and good governance regarding the environmental sphere, transparency assessment in decision-making processes at the stage of development and implementation of policy documents.
Since there will be initiated a series of reforms, processes and undertaken various actions to ensure environmental protection (according to strategic documents adopted by the Government), there is a need to encourage dialogue between the government and civil society, creating the premises for the involvement of NGOs, citizens , communities in decision-making process and raising awareness on issues related to good environmental governance.
The primary objective of this project is:
Strengthening the capacity of civil society to monitor, evaluate and make recommendations on improving environmental policies and good ecological governance for the 2015 year at national and local level, in order to implement the stipulations established in Chapter 16 of the Association Agreement and the environmental Strategy 2014-2023.
In order to ensure an effective implementation of the requirements of the main objective, there are 4 specific objectives that need to be achieved:
- Specific Objective nr. 1: Building the EMM’s (Ecological Movement of Moldova) capacity on monitoring the implementation and development of draft laws, EU directives, strategies and programs planned by the Ministry of Environment for the 2015 year at national level;
- Specific Objective nr. 2: Knowledge transfer to other NGOs and monitoring capacity building projects and programs of NGOs working environment at regional level;
- Specific Objective 3: Encourage dialogue between government and the civil society on the development and formulation of recommendations for harmonizing the legal framework necessary for good environmental governance;
- Specific Objective 4: Raising awareness of the importance of participation in the implementation of environmental policies.
The project’s target group is represented by:
- environmental NGO-s (EMM members, local EMM branches: EMM Ștefan Vodă, Soroca, Comrat, Ungheni, Edineț, and other environmental NGO-s related to EMM),
- local NGOS-s from the North, South and Center regions;
- informal groups of stakeholders (activists) at local and regional level.
The project aims as purpose NGO capacity building, including the EMM in drafting environmental policy.
Newspapers and publications: