Culinary routes in Moldova – registration and promotion of local and regional products from Călărași
The project aims to encourage NGOs and local authorities to establish a sustainable partnerships that would facilitate the process of regional / local product registration. Moreover, the project promotes the culinary heritage of the Republic of Moldova, increasing the interest of tourists to the region.
The purpose of the project:
The project aims to encourage the NGOs and the local authorities to establish sustainable partnerships that would facilitate the registration of regional and local products. Moreover, the project promotes the culinary heritage of Moldova, increasing the tourists interest for this region.
The main objective is to develop the rural area of Călărași, by registering and promoting the regional and local products.
The specific objectives and the immediate results of the project:
1. Promoting the benefits of EU integration for the rural areas residents, by presenting the Polish experience regarding regional products;
2. Creating effective partnerships between NGOs and local authorities for the registration and development of regional products;
3. Promoting the culinary heritage of the Republic of Moldova and mainly of the Călărași region;
4. Enhancing the competence of local NGOs by offering know-how and practical skills to raise funds;
5. Increasing the tourism potential of the Călărași region.
The target group:
Non-guvernamental organizations, farmers, the local community
1. Launching event (Chisinau);
2. Study visit to Poland for the local NGOs which are partners in the project;
3. Elaboration of a Good Practice Guide on the advantages of regional and local product registration;
4. Delimitation and marking of two culinary tours in Călărași region (Palanca, Călărași);
5. Organize a bike rental service, which will allow the promotion of local culinary tourism routes (Palanca, Călărași / MD);
6. Event for the promotion of the project results (Chisinau / Palanca);
7. Evaluation of the project.
The “Culinary routes in Moldova – registration and promotion of local and regional products from Călărași” is implemented by the Foundation for Policy Development in Poland and its local partners: Ecological Movement of Moldova and Casa Părintească, with the financial support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland through the Polish Aid Programme.
Informative panel “Casa Părintească” – Intersection of the nr. 1&2 tourist routes, developed within the “Culinary routes to Moldova – registration and promotion of local products and regional Calarasi district” project